So, today is my birthday, and of course I was excited. BIRTHDAYS ARE THE ONE DAY EVERYONE CELEBRATES YOU! There’s no other day in the book for that. As soon as I spotted Jenifer and Ashleen, they ran up to me and hugged me wishing me. At school, we had an activity day. We got the option of going skiing, skating or bowling, me and my friends chose bowling. We went on a school bus to the Markham Lanes, and of course, I was excited. I had never gone bowling before. We went inside the alley, and I was instantly amazed. There were a number of lanes, and huge TV’s were placed above the lanes to keep track of how many pins we knocked over. There were also other TV’s that just played music videos of songs we liked. IT WAS SO COOL, and it was all glow in the dark. We grabbed our bowling shoes, and started playing. 25 rounds later, we decided to buy some snacks, we ordered some poutine and nachos with cheese sauce. MMM, yummy in my tummy. Soon, it was lunch. I had pre-ordered pizza and a soda drink, and we went to the lunchroom. Me, Jenifer and Ashleen all ate with Seth. Then, I was in for a surprise. The teachers supervising us, including Ms. Jones, a favourite teacher of mines, asked everyone to sing ‘Happy Birthday.’ The spotlight was on me, and I felt awkward…..then, she said that she wants everyone to sign a t-shirt that read,’Markham Lanes’ on it. I was touched by the kind gesture. We went back to bowling, but soon it was time to go back to school. We watched ‘Frozen’ until the bell rang. After school, I texted my classmates. Now we’re leaving to eat at the Host, an indian cuisine. I am so excited, plus I cannot wait till my birthday party this Saturday. Another year to experience 😉
I used to do a lot of those friendship tags, but recently there hasn’t been much of these, so I have decided to do one. You may be thinking,”You already did Christine.” but this is another Christine, her last name starts with W, so let’s call her Christine W (even though I call her Christine). Christine has actually been my friend since grade 4, but recently, this year in Grade 7, me and her have gotten closer, and can I just tell you how awesome she is? She’s such a positive person, and is always smiling and so happy. I am not even kidding right now, totally serious. Krista, my other bestie even said,”I think Christine probably laughs an hour a day.” She’s my new bae also, and for some weird coinkydink, me and her mostly end up in the same group for almost everything. From table groups, to gym squads. She’s really trustworthy. and did I mention how positive she is? She’s really empathetic, and loves to have fun. Me and her both strive for good grades (as if everybody else doesn’t!) She’s really friendly too, and includes everyone. I love Christine, she’s my new bae, so don’t you dare make her your bae.
When a new year starts, I like to set goals. I am all about new beginnings, and I like to start fresh. Setting goals help you make a plan and lead you on the road to success. Every year, I try to add good habits to my daily routine, try new hobbies or activities, and make a success plan map. Here is my list so far:
- Improve my Skills
- Study and do well in Spelling Bee
- Become a better chess player
- Learn to do the rubik cube
- Read more good books
- Use my camera to teach myself photography
- Creating a name for myself
- Writing my blog
- Publishing a book
- Become a writer on other websites *wink (SURPRISE might be coming soon)
- Get more followers on my blog
- Make a difference at school through the social justice club
- Improving my social life/school world
- Making more friends
- Get good grades, work hard
- Study for tests
- Be more fit to get a better mark in Gym
- Personal lifestyle
- Complete some of the things on my bucketlist
- Go to bed earlier
- Eat healthy, brush 2x a day, keep braces clean
- Redecorate room daily
- Write in journal almost everyday
THERE ARE MANY MORE, BUT THOSE ARE SURPRISES! Hopefully, you all have set some simple goals, to keep our 2015 rocking. Happy New Year! 😉
Hey there everyone,
I know I haven’t been posting for a long time, and I am darn right sorry, but don’t worry, that’s all about to change. Starting next week, I will be posting more frequently, to kick off my mission of getting a brand new fresh start.
2015 is going to be an exciting year, and hopefully it becomes more awesome, as time flies. Daily motivation, case studies and some newly themed ideas will be kicking off soon. Come by more regularly, cause you will be in for a treat.
Your Dedicated Writer,
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for my blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,300 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
1. Clean out your room/Declutter: Get rid of year’s books/notes, the clothes that no longer fit, clear the junk drawer. When you wake up on January 1st, you will be set to conquer 2015.
2. Make Resolutions: Your resolutions pave the pathway for a prosperous and successful New Year. Making resolutions is the best and the most inspiring way in which you can bring about changes in your life.
3. Work on unfinished projects: Let the New Year be a new beginning for you, a chance to start fresh. Get working and finish off anything that you left hanging this year.
4. Write a letter to yourself: Address it to YOURSELF on January 1st, 2016 reminding yourself of your goals and dreams for this year. Seal the envelope and open it next year.
5. Practice Gratitude: Remember all the things that you’re grateful for. There are likely a number of people who dream of a life like yours.
6. Get outside: Bundle up in your warmest clothes and open the door to the environment. Take a brisk walk or jog outdoors and just appreciate the last day of 2014 in nature.
7. Give: There’s nothing better than giving to others. End the year with a good deed, perhaps by starting a new holiday tradition of giving. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, Bake for the homeless, lend time to local charities, spend an afternoon in an elderly home, bring TOYS to the nearest Children’s Hospital, and give a compliment to someone.
8. Jam out: There were many trending songs this year, and music can definitely boost your mood. Put it all in a playlist so you can jam our and create musical moments.
Can you fit a whole year of YouTube in five minutes in a separate video? Apparently you can, and the YouTube Rewind that comes out annually in December has proved that. This year, YouTube went all out for the 2014 “Rewind” video. Shot in six fancy locations from LA to Tokyo, featuring nearly 100 YouTubers, nine days of photography, and five late-night TV hosts went into this year’s rewind. The dance numbers were done on recreated versions of the sets for The Chainsmokers “Selfie”, Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy”, Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda”, Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse” and Pharrell’s “Happy.” The video even links to some of the biggest trends and references this year like Jenga Cat, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Frozen, Sadie Miller’s viral video, Flappy Bird and Lil Jon and DJ Snake’s “Turn Down for What.” The 100 YouTubers that got together from Rhett and Link to Superwoman, from Hannah Hart to Tyler Oakley and many more stars all were featured, and together it turned out phenomenally epic.
2014 was the year of an Ebola outbreak, which turned into an epidemic . It reached crowded slums in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leona, Nigeria, Mali, to Spain, Germany and the U.S. It struck doctors and nurses, wiping out public health needs that were already weak. Anyone willing to treat Ebola victims risked becoming one, showing us that they were the true heroes. There was little to stop the disease from spreading further and the government wasn’t equipped to respond. The special forces of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), the Christian medical-relief workers of Samaritan’s Purse and many others from all over the world helped fight this disease side by side with local doctors and nurses, ambulance drivers and burial teams working to end this epidemic. They were very important and they deserve to be the Time People of the Year (Not Person, but People).
Merry Christmas everyone!
Today is the day that Jesus Christ was born, so Happy Birthday! Millions of people around the world celebrate Christmas. Christmas Day is celebrated as a major festival and public holiday around the world, non-Christians even celebrate Christmas.
There are many different traditions that people enjoy such as gift-giving, having parties, and decorating Christmas trees. I always love waking up on December 25th to go downstairs and open those wrapped, shimmering boxes of thoughtful items and objects. I never expect anything too big but I do love giving gifts. I am going to do a holiday post tag called,”What I got for Christmas.” Hopefully, you can comment below with the bragging rights of telling me what you got for Christmas or what you did on Christmas, because I would be glad to hear about it.
Last but not least, have a good holidays and remember to enjoy some time with friends and family.